So I have this friend I want to punch in the face. Not because she’s an asshole, rather because she is so god damn beautiful. Seriously, she’s fucking flawless, and I hate her perfect guts!
The other day, I absolutely flipped my lid in the bathroom. I whipped my makeup across the room, which, in hindsight, was incredibly stupid because I had to clean it all up. Anyway, I lost it because I am hopeless when it comes to cosmetic-anything. I’m lucky if my eyebrows are on straight (fyi, I don’t have eyebrows).I have no time to put any real effort into doing myself up, and that’s where this
asshole flawless friend comes in.
I was ogling her perfection on Facebook, when I remembered that she is a makeup artist! I knew I couldn’t be the only time-strapped failure in the mascara department, so I asked her to write up a few tips for us busy moms. She graciously obliged (fact: she isn’t just gorgeous; she’s the sweetest woman you’ll ever meet—yeah, feel free to hate on her with me) P.S Tawni, I actually love the fuck out of you—but you suck!
So without further ado, here are Tawni’s tips for getting your face on (nicely) in 15 minutes or less!
BEAUTY TIPS FOR MOMS ON THE GO
1. Focus on the areas that need the most help. If you have great skin, then skip foundation. If you have great brows, you don’t need to fill them in. If you have a naturally beautiful lip color, just throw on some Chapstick. If you only have a few blemishes, then put a dot of concealer on them and blend it. When you only have a few minutes to get ready, don’t worry about doing a full face of makeup. Only go after the areas that bother you.
2. AERESOL anything is OUR FRIEND!!! I am a HUGE fan of aerosol makeup. Ever since having my son I have suffered with acne. (Thanks lil dude!) I have always loved the look of a flawless airbrush finished makeup. I even have a few airbrush makeup kits (that I now have no time to use). After roaming around Sephora one day, I came across DIOR AIRFLASH and bought it. It is a bit pricey but I have drugstore alternatives for you. All I can say is WOW! It took less than 30 seconds to get a full coverage flawless look without having to clean up any airbrushing equipment. Every last blemish on my face was concealed and covered. It makes me feel like a million bucks. I am also a huge advocate for Sally Hansen’s Airbrush legs which you can use over your whole body. Sally Hansen also has aerosol makeup, however, I have yet to try it. I’m sure it is just as good as the airbrush legs.
3. EYEBROWS! If you have sparse, over-tweezed, or just plain funny eyebrows, then listen up! Brows are one of the most important features on our face. Imagine a world with no eye brows. Weird, right? There are a few products out there that I love right now, but we are talking about speed here. I would have to recommend Anastasia Brow Wiz. It is dual sided. One side is the pencil and the other side is a spooley. I’ve got this down to a science and can fill my sparse brows in in about 2 minutes. Just outline your brow shape with the pencil. Add additional pencil to any super sparse areas and then run the spooley through your brows to blend it all and get rid of any harsh lines.
4. MASCARA! I cant live without it. If you are lucky enough to have thick and dark lashes, then skip it. If you are cursed with light and barely there lashes like me, I recommend L’oreal Telescopic mascara. I have it in both brown and black, and love how both look. It goes on easily with no clumping and gives you gorgeous natural looking lashes.
5. COLOUR! Add a touch of color to your cheeks, using either a bronzer or your fave blush. Just so you don’t look like a zombie. Takes less than a few seconds. A little color goes a long way!
6. PUCKER UP! Lastly, if you have super pale lips like I do, and need to bring some life to them without looking overly done up, some of my favorite colored lip balms are the Maybelline Baby Lips. They hydrate your lips while giving them a tint of natural looking color!
I think that sums it up. It typically takes me about 15 minutes, start to finish, when I have somewhere I need to be and a difficult toddler who wont let me get ready. If you have any questions or requests that I can help you with, just comment below! Hope you enjoyed.
Tawni Ramos is a mom and makeup artist, based in California, who loves all things beauty-related. She is the owner and author of iGlow Beauty, where she shares all of her expertise: beauty tips, tricks, reviews, and how to’s!